We currently have a position available for a Sea Freight Operator to join our busy and fast-paced International Operations department. This is an exciting opportunity that involves organising and arranging both import and export sea freight shipments.
About the role
- To manage the sea freight operations from receipt of bookings from customers to arranging collection and booking cargo with carriers.
- To request and gather quotations from suppliers in a timely and efficient manner.
- To generate export booking confirmations/import arrival notices and advising account managers accordingly.
- To manage sea freight export customs entries via an agent.
- To manage shipments covered by letters of credit and issue certificates of origin when required.
- To prepare documentation for import clearance, ready for clearance broker or to complete the clearance inhouse. Keeping a track of entries and arranging import deliveries in a timely and efficient manner.
- To maintain communication and control throughout all phases of the sea freight operations process, ensuring all necessary information is communicated to colleagues and third parties to allow the operation to run smoothly, achieving deadlines.
You will have experience of arranging sea freight solutions within a freight forwarding operational environment. You will be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure. You will be expected to use your own initiative, be customer focused and a strong team player. Experience of managing merchant haulage deliveries and knowledge of various clearance types – OPR, IPR, End Use and Dual Use etc would be advantageous.
Is this role for you?
- You should have previous experience working in a similar role.
- You will have a proactive and practical approach to providing freight solutions.
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft programs, in particular Outlook and Excel.
- You can work independently and are able to manage and prioritise a busy work schedule.
What you’ll get in return
We offer a competitive salary, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), a contributory pension scheme and a friendly office environment. The role involves working Monday to Friday, 9 – 5 pm.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter.