We’re looking for an organised and motivated person with a keen eye for detail to join our Customs Support team, helping to keep freight moving by ensuring suppliers, partners and customs agents have the correct paperwork for road freight shipments as they enter and exit UK and European borders. Formed in 2020, this is an exciting time for the new team, who were brought into the business in advance of the UK leaving the EU in 2021.
About the role…
- Checking and verifying information on commercial invoices and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner
- Communicating directly with customs brokers, ensuring all supporting paperwork is received to generate customs documentation
- Ensuring customs documents are returned and loaded on our internal system
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is sent to suppliers, customs brokers and partners for import and export operations to run smoothly and meet KPIs and deadlines.
- Completing AEO documents and loading onto our internal system
- Checking clearances have been completed overseas and confirming duty has been paid for all DDP shipments
- Resolving queries and issues via email, phone, or video conference
- Maintaining and improving operational efficiencies
- Building and managing relationships with hauliers
- Ensuring CRM system is fully updated at all times
- You are naturally organised, with excellent communication skills and a key eye for detail
- You process data accurately and efficiently, and are proficient in Excel and Outlook
Is this role for you?
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel
- You work independently and can manage a busy work schedule
- Experience working in a similar administrative role or withing Customs or logistics would be advantageous
What you get in return
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave – 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Workplace pension
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Professional development focus and internal promotion culture
- Mental wellbeing support with inhouse mental health first aiders
- Quarterly office activities from spa days to sports days (Covid dependent)
- Regular social events from drinks after work to five-a-side football competitions, and Christmas and summer parties (Covid dependent)
- Unlimited access to 200⁰ coffee machine and Bird & Blend flavoured teas
- Charity top-up scheme for your chosen charity
- Open plan newly refurbished office with lounge, kitchen and coffee house
- Relaxed dress code
- Short walk to car parking, local amenities such as shops and pharmacy
Baxter Freight is at the forefront of the logistics industry, providing solutions for a wide range of customers from SMEs to huge household names. We’re growing quickly, with a net increase of 50 people by the end of 2022 – and we’re hoping you could be one of them! We’re a progressive and vibrant company which focuses on our people first, with a flat hierarchy and loads of professional development support.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter.