Join our fast-growing Marketing and Communications team, focusing on content creation and optimisation on multiple platforms as we develop our digital presence, enhancing and furthering our brand awareness.
This is a new role, which provides you with a great opportunity to work on digital marketing content in-house. You’ll research, write and publish content across a variety of channels and verticals, ranging from social media posts and website blogs to press releases and whitepapers.
Sitting in the Marketing team, you’ll focus on attracting new business by developing our digital presence through optimised content. The role will assist the team by developing our brand and its associations online, with the day-to-day focus on SEO and written content, so experience in copywriting and SEO is a must, with experience in journalism or a degree in English advantageous.
Is this your next step?
About the role
- Working with key stakeholders, you’ll have flexible writing skills for a range of channels and audiences.
- You’ll work across the business on a wide variety of verticals to increase leads, customer engagement and retention using innovative and creative written campaigns with the target audience in mind.
- You’ll join a small but growing team to deliver industry-leading communications.
- Creative, dynamic, and entrepreneurial, thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- And engaging copywriter, who is accurate and careful, with a keen eye for detail and proofreading.
- Qualified (to degree level or equivalent) in Marketing, English Lit/Lang, Journalism or other relevant fields.
A hands-on role, you’ll be involved with…
- Conducting keyword research and optimising content for SEO;
- Researching business-relevant, interesting topics and finding engaging angles for content creation and curation;
- Working closely with team members and internal stakeholders to deliver relevant written communications;
- Identifying, creating, managing an editorial plan and delivering content across a range of channels, including website, social media, press releases, written media.
- Writing and proofreading compelling copy with engaging call to action;
- Developing brand awareness throughout a range of industries;
- Managing PPC advertising;
- Managing website and SEO;
- Monitoring marketing performance to work to agreed KPIs focused on customer retention.
What you get in return
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave – 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Workplace pension
- Professional development focus and internal promotion culture
- Mental wellbeing support with inhouse mental health first aiders
- Quarterly office activities from spa days to sports days (Covid dependent)
- Regular social events from drinks after work to five-a-side football competitions, and Christmas and summer parties (Covid dependent)
- Unlimited access to 200⁰ coffee machine and Bird & Blend flavoured teas
- Charity top-up scheme for your chosen charity
- Open plan newly refurbished office with lounge, kitchen and coffee house
- Relaxed dress code
- Short walk to car parking, local amenities such as shops and pharmacy
Baxter Freight is at the forefront of the logistics industry, providing solutions for a wide range of customers from SMEs to huge household names. We’re growing quickly, with a net increase of 50 people by the end of 2022 – and we’re hoping you could be one of them! We’re a progressive and vibrant company which focuses on our people first, with a flat hierarchy and loads of professional development support.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter.