We are seeking a Sea and Airfreight Operator to support our fast-growing International department. The role will involve organising and arranging sea and airfreight shipments both import and export.
• To manage the sea and airfreight operations from receipt of bookings from customers to arranging collection and booking cargo with carriers.
• To request and gather quotations from suppliers in a timely and efficient manner.
• To generate export booking confirmations/import arrival notices and advising sales account managers accordingly.
• To manage sea/airfreight export customs entries via an agent.
• To prepare documentation for import clearance, keeping track of entries and arranging deliveries in a timely and efficient manner.
• To maintain communication and control throughout all phases of the sea/airfreight operations process ensuring all necessary information is communicated to colleagues and third parties to ensure the operation runs smoothly to achieve deadlines.
• To maintain and improve sea/airfreight operational efficiencies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with basic knowledge of sea and airfreight movements, preferably working in a similar role. The ideal candidate will have an excellent customer service ethos, a methodical approach and the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.